Sex & Sox

My passions: Sex and the Boston Red Sox!


Friday, January 07, 2005

Reincarnation (or, It's ALIVE!)

For several weeks now, I've been thinking about where I'm going -- and where I've been -- with this site. In all honesty, it started out in my head as "my sex blog", because I have family members reading my personal site and I didn't want to discuss that aspect of my life there. There's one link to this site on there, buried back in the archives. So how did the whole Sox part come into it? I was trying to think of a name for this site -- and "Sex & Sox" just sounded really good to me. Plus, being pretty involved with reading, if not always participating in, several Red Sox fansites, I'd come to realize that I wanted to express my feelings about the team.

So. There's been a noticeable dearth in the entire "Sox" aspect of the site lately. Basically, that's because the two topics aren't precisely good fits with each other, but, whenever there's not baseball to talk about, there's sex to talk about.

I don't want to sit here and repeat the news stories you can find on other Red Sox sites, or from turning on NESN, or from listening to WEEI. Admittedly, neither of those last two are an option for me, so I get my sports news from other sites and don't want to come here and repeat it as though I'd heard it myself.

Anyhow. That being said, I need to step away from the 'smut' (I use that word lovingly; after all, it is my own work) and back towards my second goal (once I decided to bring in the Sox stuff): a readable blog, for both sexes, that has something witty and intelligent and occasionally insightful to say. Something more along the lines of the "Pondering Sex Workers" post, or "Open Letter to Monsieur Douglas Mientkiewicz" (one of my favourite amusing things I've written).

Basically, I feel that I've been ignoring some major aspects of what drew me to this venture in the first place, and a comment on Surviving Grady confirmed what I'd been feeling strange about for a bit.

So! Sorry to those of you who might have been put off by the direction I've been writing in for the last while. There's a bit of the old, and a bit of the new, in the works.
|