Sex & Sox

My passions: Sex and the Boston Red Sox!


Monday, November 15, 2004

You Can't Have It Both Ways

I hate people that gravitate to whatever sports team is popular at the moment, or even worse, the ones who wear different team caps to MATCH THEIR OUTFIT. I could be wearing a green pullover and gray corduroys and I would still wear my pink goddamned Red Sox cap, because I love them.

Anyhow, we went grocery shopping this morning (what the fuck is it with grocery shopping inspiring me to blog?) and this teenager gets on the elevator down (when did I get so old that I started despising teenagers, as well as so cranky that people who take the elevator from the 3rd floor to the lobby piss me off so much?) wearing a puffy red Red Sox jacket. At first, I was like, "Ooh! How cool!" before I realized that the kid looked familiar to me... because he's the one I'm always glaring at for wearing goddamned Yankees gear.

Hello, asswipe. I'm a fucking twenty-one year old chick and I don't even worry about matching my goddamned outfit to my sports gear. I also have this thing called "human decency" and I don't wear Yankees gear one day and Red Sox stuff the next. Despite the fact that your jacket was celebrating the 1967 World Series (which, by the by, we lost... what is it, some sort of assinine Yankees mockery of our recent blissful trouncing of them and subsequent Series sweep?) I demand that you get it dry cleaned and delivered to my front door, since you obviously don't need it.

On a semi-related note, I'd really like some Red Sox booties for my chihuahua. He (understandably) doesn't like the snow, and everytime I took him outside in it last year people were staring at me like I was a monster for not having him in a little sweater and booties. Nevermind that he was tucked up in my sweatshirt with his head sticking out until we got outside, and wrapped up in my jacket on the way back as I rubbed his little feet and made sure there wasn't ice between his toes... I was EVIL for not having him all bundled up. Whatever.

Oh, and, everyone go check out today's Soxaholix comic. How cool is that?
|